Director of the McAninch Arts Center, Diana Martinez, takes you behind the scenes for an inside look at upcoming shows, events and more.
Backstage Buzz is currently airing on local WDCB-TV, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11a & 7p and Sundays at 1:30p & 9:30p.
Glen Ellyn, IL (Comcast) Ch. 18
Glen Ellyn, IL (WOW) Ch. 24
Wheaton, IL (Comcast) Ch. 99
Naperville, IL (WOW) Ch. 24
Season 3: Episode 3 – The Finer Things
- Diana Martinez sits down with Kirk Muspratt, the Music Director and Conductor of College of DuPage’s New Philharmonic Orchestra. Maestro Muspratt discusses the upcoming classical performance featuring guest cellist Richard Hirschl from the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
- Then, Diana talks with the Supervisor of Patron Services at the MAC, Tom Murray, who entices lovers of the fine arts with a sampling of the finer things. Tom explains how to enhance your visit to the McAninch Arts Center by adding a VIP experience to select performances.
Season 3: Episode 2 – Season Kick-Off
- The Director of Arts DuPage, Debbie Venezia drops by to share her passion for the arts, the organization’s commitment to supporting local arts and culture and fills us in on the details for the first annual Arts DuPage Month this October.
- Then, Janey Sarther, The Coordinator of Education and Engagement at the MAC, previews a world Premiere coming to the McAninch Arts Center this Fall—The Henry Ford’s Innovation Nation – Live! Just one of the many educational events coming to the MAC this year, this fun for the whole family program showcases world-changing innovations and innovators, with a focus on major turning points of the past and present in the fields of science, engineering, math, the environment and social justice.
- Actor and Buffalo Theatre Ensemble member, Robert Bailey discusses his roles in the upcoming production of The Dingdong or How the French Kiss. This fast-paced update to a classic French farce features five actors taking on 13 roles in one hilarious evening of debauchery gone awry in Paris.
- Finally, Ben Nadel, the Associate Conductor for College of DuPage’s New Philharmonic Orchestra reveals some of the important behind the scenes responsibilities and work that goes into perfecting each performance. Ben also tells us what to expect for the upcoming concert, Show Boat and Show Tunes.
Season 3: Episode 1 – LIVE at the New Philharmonic Summer Concert
We bring you a very special episode, recorded LIVE at the MAC’s FREE Summer Series with College of DuPage’s New Philharmonic Orchestra. This episode features preview performances from our extraordinarily talented musicians, and conversations with…
- The maestro himself, Kirk Muspratt, describes his reaction to being named the 2018 Conductor of the Year. Then, he previews his favorite pieces from the evening’s performance and gives us a glimpse at what’s to come for the 2018 Illinois Orchestra of the Year.
- Next up, Executive Director of the College of DuPage Foundation, Karen Kuhn talks about a new grant awarded to New Philharmonic Orchestra from the DuPage Foundation, matching all donations to New Philharmonic, dollar for dollar, up to $30,000.
- And finally, a 2018 Apollo Live finalist, COD Alumni, singer, and future superstar, Caryna Martinez-Rios tells us about her life growing up singing in the mirror and performing, as well as how support from her family keeps her motivated. Then, see her perform a couple of choice songs live on stage!