Director of the McAninch Arts Center, Diana Martinez, takes you behind the scenes for an inside look at upcoming shows, events and more.
Backstage Buzz is currently airing on local WDCB-TV, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11a & 7p and Sundays at 1:30p & 9:30p.
Glen Ellyn, IL (Comcast) Ch. 18
Glen Ellyn, IL (WOW) Ch. 24
Wheaton, IL (Comcast) Ch. 99
Naperville, IL (WOW) Ch. 24
Season 2: Episode 5 – Here’s to the New Year!
- Join Diana Martinez in conversation with Joe Cassidy, Dean of Continuing Education and Extended Learning at College of DuPage, as he highlights non-credit course offerings and other programs for learners of all ages, including private music lessons, art classes, theater, dance, and more.
- Then, get a double dose of the Maestro Kirk Muspratt, Music Director and Conductor of the New Philharmonic Orchestra, as he joins Diana to talk about two not-to-be-missed shows– New Year’s Eve and La Traviata.
Season 2: Episode 4 – December at the MAC!
- First up is Director of Development with the COD Foundation, Janie Oldfield. Listen as she discusses opportunities to spread the gift of the arts with people who need it, just in time for the holiday season.
- Then, E.J. Cameron, member of The Second City’s Touring Company, stops by to talk about the process of developing a show like the Holiday Nut-Cracking Revue!
- Finally, Tony Venezia from the MPTV Department talks about the Animation and News Broadcasting classes that are available to take at the College of DuPage.
Season 2: Episode 3 – Fall Fun
- The first guest of the show is Dan Bindert, WDCB Radio Station Manager, who shares his knowledge about the upcoming Take Me to the River Live! show coming to the MAC on November 5th.
- Then, Justin Witte, Curator of the Cleve Carney Art Gallery, returns to give the low-down on this Fall’s highly anticipated exhibit, Luftwerk’s Color Code.
- Finally, Connie Canaday Howard returns to give updates on College Theater, and the great shows ahead for the Fall Semester!
Season 2: Episode 2 – Practice Makes Perfect
- The first guest of the show is Rohina Malik, a playwright from Chicago who is keeping busy with all sorts of projects all over the country! She will be bringing Unveiled: A One Woman Play to the MAC on October 15th.
- The second guest is Kurt Naebig, longtime member of Buffalo Theatre Ensemble, who is directing their first piece of the season, The 39 Steps. Kurt gives us his perspective on directing versus acting, and shares details about what the audience can expect from the show.
- Last but not least is trumpeter, Wesley Skidgel. Wes performs an excerpt from the famous trumpet solo that opens Mahler’s 5th Symphony, the first piece of the New Philharmonic Orchestra’s 17-18 Season.
Season 2: Episode 1 – LIVE at the New Philharmonic Summer Concert
- In this very special recorded live edition of Backstage Buzz at the MAC… Host and Director of the McAninch Arts Center, Diana Martinez, chats with guests at the Lakeside Pavilion while a crowd grows in anticipation of the New Philharmonic’s free evening concert.
- President of College of DuPage, Dr. Ann Rondeau, reflects on her first year as President of College of DuPage, as well as her appreciation of the great fine arts programming at the MAC. COD’s New Philharmonic Orchestra is the recipient of the 2017 Illinois Council of Orchestras’ Professional Orchestra of the Year Award.
- Artistic Director and Conductor, Kirk Muspratt, discusses the New Phil’s upcoming season and previews the evening performance featuring a highly entertaining mix of classical, Broadway pops, movie scores, and more!
- Active donor, Mike McCoy, offers a community member’s perspective on what inspires him to support the arts, and enjoy the family atmosphere that livens every cultural offering at the MAC.
- Plus hear more about upcoming performances at the MAC; College of DuPage’s Dance program; and a great new non-profit organization called Arts DuPage.