In light of the impact of COVID-19, we have determined the health and safety of all communities must remain our top priority and have therefore decided to reschedule the upcoming Frida Kahlo 2020 exhibition to Jun. 5 – Sept. 6, 2021, retitled to Frida Kahlo: Timeless.
Although this was an incredibly difficult decision to make, we feel that this will give us the best opportunity to bring Frida’s artwork to the widest community possible, and to present her legacy in the celebratory spirit with which has always been intended. The decision was made in concert with our partners and stakeholders, and we are very fortunate to have their support both now and in the future.
Those who have purchased a ticket to Frida Kahlo 2020 do not need to take any action. The MAC Box Office team will automatically move those tickets to the equivalent date in 2021. A calendar of those new dates can be viewed at https://theccma.org/rescheduled. Ticketholders for whom the new date does not work or who have questions may email the box office at email@example.com.
Photo Credit: Frida on White Bench.Photo by Nickolas Muray; © Nickolas Muray Photo Archives
The Cleve Carney Museum of Art and the McAninch Arts Center at the College of DuPage will host one of the largest private collections of original artwork by Frida Kahlo in a multifaceted exhibition entitled Frida Kahlo: Timeless. The exhibition, on view June 5 – September 6, 2021, is presented by Bank of America and will be the most comprehensive presentation of Kahlo’s work displayed in the Chicago area in over 40 years.
Frida Kahlo: Timeless includes:
- 26 original works by Frida Kahlo, on loan from Museo Dolores Olmedo
- Over 100 photographs from the artist’s life
- Historical timeline
- Poetry garden designed by Ball Horticultural Company
- Children’s area
Frida Kahlo: Timeless Offers Two Types of Tickets:
Frida Kahlo: Timeless offers two types of tickets: Untimed Entry Tickets ($35) and Timed Tickets ($18).
With Untimed Entry Tickets, visitors select a date and have the flexibility of entering the exhibition at any time during that day’s regularly scheduled exhibition hours. Please note that the last entry time is 5p Mondays-Wednesdays and Fridays-Sundays, and 9p Thursdays.
With Timed Entry Tickets, visitors reserve a specific date and time for exhibition viewing. Your reservation time is for the main gallery with Frida Kahlo’s original artwork. In order to experience the Historical Timeline and Photo Exhibit before viewing the art, please arrive up to one hour prior to your reserved ticket time as exhibition hours allow.
Ticket prices reflected above exclude online and handling fees. Ticket quantities limited. Tickets are good for one-time entry only. Re-entry is not permitted. Additional restrictions apply.
Our COVID-19 precautions aim to provide health and safety to all patrons, volunteers and staff. Following the CDC, state and local health department guidelines, the McAninch Arts Center and Cleve Carney Museum of Art (MAC/CCMA) has adopted the following policies to help reduce the possibility that you or anyone else will be exposed to COVID-19:
- All patrons over the age of two are required to wear a mask that covers both the nose and mouth in the public spaces, galleries, entrances and garden.
- Attendees are ticketed in 15-minute increments to ensure no more than 50 people in a space at a time.
- There are temperature scanners at the main entrance. No one with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will be allowed to enter. Customers who cannot attend because of an elevated temperature are entitled to reschedule or receive a refund.
- If you are not feeling well, have a fever, have been exposed to anyone symptomatic for COVID-19, or have recently been tested and waiting results, you must postpone your visit for another day. Contact the Box Office to reschedule or request a refund.
- Visitors must abide to physical distancing guidelines – maintaining a six-foot distance from others not part of your visiting group. There are social distancing markers throughout the exhibit.
- There is not a checkroom/coat closet. Please pack lightly for your visit. The following items will not be allowed: bags and purses larger than 13 x 17 x 4 inches, backpacks, baby strollers or carriers, shopping bags, food, drinks, video cameras, selfie sticks, long umbrellas and wrapped packages.
The MAC/CCMA has added the following procedures:
- Purchase touchless tickets online at AtTheMAC.org. Tickets are scanned touchless upon arrival. Digital programs are available.
- The exhibit is designed for one-way traffic.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are available at entrances.
- Lucite barriers are installed at the box office and concession stand.
- Concessions are pre-packaged. Water fountains will not be available. Bottled water is available for purchase.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting that meets the College of DuPage and Health Dept guidelines.
- Added signage and staffing to help guide patrons, answer questions and maintain social distancing.
- Any visitor who is disrespectful or discourteous to other guests, staff or volunteers may be asked to leave.
- Security personnel will enforce our policies and procedures.
Thank you for your cooperation in following our safety measures. MAC/CCMA has taken enhanced health, safety and cleaning measures to protect patrons and reduce transmission risks of COVID-19. Please be aware that the risk of such exposure exists in any public place or large gathering. By purchasing a ticket and attending you assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Any patron that does not wish to comply with these health and safety measures should not attend.
PROGRAMMING & EVENTS
Frida Kahlo: Timeless Executive Director:
Diana Martinez (Director of the McAninch Arts Center) firstname.lastname@example.org, 630-942-3007
CCMA Director and Curator of Frida Kahlo: Timeless:
Justin Witte, email@example.com, 630-942-3206
Marcela Andrade Serment, 630-942-2321
Heidi Holmes, 630-942-2321
DEVELOPMENT & SPONSORSHIP
College of DuPage Foundation:
Karen Kuhn, Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org, 630-942-2698
Carol Fox and Associates
Alyssa Larkin, email@example.com, 773-969-5037
Ann Fink, firstname.lastname@example.org, 773-969-5042
Group Sales (10 or more tickets)
Kat Kazmierski, email@example.com, 630-942-3026