Virtual Season FAQs
How do I view the live concerts?
There are two emails you will receive after you purchase a streamed event. Each email will be sent from MAC Box Office (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Purchase Confirmation Email – this is emailed immediately after purchase and details what was processed
- Livestream Details Email – this contains the private link to watch the show
- If you buy your ticket in advance: At the time of the purchase, you will receive the Purchase Confirmation email. Then 24-48 hours prior to the performance you will receive the Livestream Details email which contains the private link for you to watch the show.
- If you buy your ticket the day before the event: On the day of the concert, check your inbox for both emails. The Purchase Confirmation will come right after purchase. The Livestream Details email will be sent to you in the early afternoon.
- If you buy your ticket on the day of the concert: Check your inbox for both emails.
If you do not see either email check your junk or spam folder. Also, make sure you are checking the same email address associated with your purchase.
If you still cannot find either email, please contact MAC Box Office. Box Office staff will be monitoring messages and emails one hour prior to the start time:
EMAIL: email@example.com, or
CALL: (630) 942-4000.
MAC Box Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 12noon-5pm, and (1) hour prior to event.
Can I watch a recording of the concert after it’s over?
No. The only time you can watch the event is during the live stream at the time of your purchased ticket.
Can I view the concert on my TV instead of a laptop, tablet, or phone?
Yes. You can connect your MAC or PC to your TV either wirelessly or with HDMI cable. For HDMI – use a male-to-male HDMI cable. The HDMI port on the computer and the HDMI port on the TV will be exactly the same and the HDMI cable should have the same connector on both ends. If the TV has more than one HDMI port, make note of the port number you plug it into. For other options read https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-connect-your-laptop-to-your-tv-wirelessly-or-with-hdmi/
What if I’m having trouble viewing the live concert?
We do not anticipate any issues with the live concerts, but we understand that technology may not always be in the ‘mood’. Here are a few suggestions for troubleshooting issues. If you have questions during the concert, we will be available – call us at (630) 942 – 2046.
If you log into the show prior to the start time, please refresh your browser at the start time of the concert. How to do a Hard Refresh:
- Windows: CTRL+F5
- Mac/Apple: COMMAND + R
The video keeps cutting out or freezing.
Some easy fixes to try: restart your computer or open/close the app on your phone, try using the link on a new internet browser or device, close any other open programs or applications, check your internet speed, clear your browser history, and/or restart your router.
The audio is not synced with the video.
Refreshing your internet browser.
It’s after the concert’s start time, but it looks like the performance hasn’t begun.
The concert should begin on the link when the event is ready. If it’s a little after the concert’s start time and you don’t see the video playing yet, you can always hit “refresh” on your internet browser, or close and reopen the app, to make sure. Look for this symbol to find the refresh button “⟳.”
My internet cut out during the concert.
If your internet cuts out and comes back on, you should be able to refresh your link and begin watching again. Note that the video will pick back up in real time, not begin where you left off.
Something else went wrong!
If you need to speak to someone, call the Box Office at (630) 942.2046.