Sep. 8 - Oct. 9 | Thu-Sat, 8p • Sun, 3p
$42 Adult| $40 Senior | Playhouse Theatre
By Bruce Norris
Directed by Kurt Naebig
Pre-show discussion with director, actors and crew: Thursday, Sep. 8 at 6:45 – 7:15p
Post-show discussion with director, actors and crew: Friday, Sep. 16
Inspired by Lorraine Hansberry’s A Raisin In The Sun, Clybourne Park is a provocative comedy/drama set in the same house fifty years apart in the suburbs of Chicago. Act one takes place in 1959 when Russ and Bev are moving to the suburbs – selling their home to the neighborhood’s first black family. Act two is decades later when a young white couple buys the same property with plans to demolish and build a larger home. Now a predominately black community battles to protect the historic qualities of the community in the face of gentrification.
ASL performance: Thursday, Sept. 29, 8 p.m.
ASL interpreters will be located near the stage for patrons who are deaf or hard of hearing, seated in an area of the theater that gives the best sight lines to follow the interpretation and the action on stage. To access reserved seating in view of the interpreters for a signed performance, call the box office at 630.942.2141or 630.858.9692 (TDD) or visit AtTheMAC.org for additional information.
Online Flex Pass
- Purchase now, redeem tickets at your convenience
- Flex Pass provides (3) vouchers, that are redeemable for one ticket per show
Phone: Call the Box Office at (630) 942-4000
In Person: Located in the McAninch Arts Center lobby
Mail: Return order form to MAC Box Office, 425 Fawell Blvd, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137.
Download the order form here.
Subscriber Perks Include:
- Super Saver Pre-Sale discount of 25% and $7 order fee waived (expires May 31)
- As of June 1, subscriber savings 20%
- Free ticket exchange
- Invitation to subscriber nights
- Subscription to SuBTEext Newsletter
- Free subscription to West Suburban Living
- Additional savings on other MAC events
- 2 for 1 for theater students
- $20 tickets or any student with valid ID